spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Microsoft = The Suck

Posted by: Hammer / 10:57 AM

I just upgraded to Office 2003 Service Pack 1 at work. The icons are all fuzzy. My eyes are watering. Is there a focus slider somewhere in Outlook that I can adjust?

In Outlook 2000, I got a little envelope on my task bar notification area to indicate a new email item. I still get that, but I also have an Outlook icon to remind me that Outlook is still running. Of course, it's hard to forget Outlook is running when it doesn't minimize properly.

I Alt-Tab between applications a lot. Say I've got Firefox and gVim open at the same time. If I minimize Firefox, it goes to the end of my application list for Alt-Tabbing. That makes sense. I've just minimized it, I probably don't need it right away again. This applies to every program except Outlook. If I minimize Outlook, it stays at the top of the Alt-Tab list. The only way to demote it is to Alt-Tab to all the other running applications.

I can't click links in preview mode. I have to open the email message. I could use the ginormous "reading pane", but it bugs me so much. Why do you insist on formatting my emails to look like memos? Agh. Dumb dumb dumb.

Finally, thanks for the browser built into Outlook. I really needed that. It makes finding security fixes so much easier to look for, if not find.

2 Comments:

it is :

Teh Suck

get it right newb

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

d00d, I'm totally 733t. teh suck is dumb.

By Blogger Hammer, at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Missing the scandal
  • Paris & Nicole
  • Ending for Bolton
  • Missed opportunities
  • Jambo rides again
  • Capuchin monkeys are active and noisy
  • Jesus, Grandpa! What did you read me this thing for?
  • Bush appoints 205 atheists to the federal courts!
  • Firefox 1.0.3
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!