spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Friday, August 05, 2005

Oh, just go read Paul Krugman

Posted by: Jambo / 1:02 PM

Yes, the great lefty blog cop out post. But he is on one of my favorite topics today:

The important thing to remember is that like supply-side economics or global-warming skepticism, intelligent design doesn't have to attract significant support from actual researchers to be effective. All it has to do is create confusion, to make it seem as if there really is a controversy about the validity of evolutionary theory. That, together with the political muscle of the religious right, may be enough to start a process that ends with banishing Darwin from the classroom.

5 Comments:

I'm guessing he's cribbing from me. Krugman is always stealing my work. His doctoral thesis is entirely based on a lecture I gave on the minimum acceptable tip for really poor service.

By Blogger Hammer, at 3:06 PM  

And how much would that be? I'll go with 2.5%. That would take some actual rudeness on the part of the server.

By Blogger Jambo, at 3:18 PM  

Yesterday the service was really, really slow. The food was hot when it arrived and the server was polite, if incompetent. Maybe not incompetent, but clearly had too many tables. I left 10%. I'd only leave less than 10 if I didn't get my food, got the wrong food, or something bad happened.

By Blogger Hammer, at 3:26 PM  

Hammer, you didn't by chance appear in the restaurant scene in Reservior Dogs, did you?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:43 AM  

No, I didn't. I spent my college years waiting tables, so I tend to give servers the benefit of the doubt. On the other hand, I have no respect for bad service.

By Blogger Hammer, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • The unfairness of accuracy
  • At least he didn't expose his breasts
  • Romer v. Evans, FRC report
  • A ghost writer perhaps?
  • An objective conclusion
  • Is this a sign of the apocalypse?
  • Better and better
  • Empty Suit Thursday: Fear of Farmers
  • Internets governances
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!