spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, February 08, 2007

What? Me, Exercise?

Posted by: Hammer / 9:17 AM

There's some evidence that believing you are exercising produces the same healthful results as exercising:

Four weeks later, the researchers returned to assess any changes in the women's health. They found that the women in the [group that believed they were exercising] had lost an average of 2 pounds, lowered their blood pressure by almost 10 percent, and were significantly healthier as measured by body-fat percentage, body mass index, and waist-to-hip ratio. These changes were significantly higher than those reported in the control group and were especially remarkable given the time period of only four weeks.

I've often wondered, while watching an exciting sporting event on the T.V., whether my elevated heart rate constituted a healthy cardiovascular activity, despite the fact that I was doing nothing more than sitting on my ass. It now appears that, at worst, so long as I believe that it's a healthy activity, I can enjoy the benefits of the healthy activity along with a bag of blue corn chips and high O.G. beer.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Fantastic. It's times like these when I don't mind my tax dollars going to the NSF.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • My Anti-Terrorism Plan
  • Smilin' Norm Coleman: I don't get to savage him today
  • Alas, too late for a cool Super Bowl ad
  • Shadow dancing
  • News from Iraq
  • Is it still virgin wool?
  • I love technology and having smart friends
  • Back to Abu Ghraib
  • Wii: Wow
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!