spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pittsburgh Steelers, 1952-1955

Posted by: Hammer / 7:55 AM

In 1952, the Pittsburgh Steelers were 5-7. In 1953, they were 6-6. In 1954, they were 5-7. In 1955, they were 4-8.

John McCain was born in 1936. He attended Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Virginia. He graduated in 1954.

John McCain in Pittsburgh, after receiving a jersey listing the numbers of the four members of the "Steel Curtain"this week:

'Cause I'm a...I was a mediocre high school athlete and I loved and adored the sports, but the Steelers really made a huge impression on me.

...When I was first interrogated and really had to give some information because of the pressures, the physical pressures that were on me, I named the starting line up, the defensive line, of the Pittsburgh Steelers as my squadron mates.

Here's the problem. McCain has related the story before, including on page 194 of his book, Faith of Our Fathers

:

Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron numbers, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant. Pressed for more useful information, I gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line, and said they were members of my squadron.

I don't know why McCain would say such a thing. Next question -- will this gaffe, pander, or lie get the same attention as Hillary Clinton's claim that her favorite American League team was the Yankees?

1 Comments:

The headline for this piece should have been "Whose line is it, anyway?"

Zing! I will be here all week.

Steelers dignity! Suck it, McCain, with your fake fandom and pandering.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Back when I was gung-ho for Spore
  • Oh, would that there really was a hell!
  • Smilin' Norm: Lets Base Energy Policy on Pure Fantasy
  • Who Wal-Mart owns in Minnesota
  • Meth on the decline
  • When boner pills and bioengineering meet
  • Context from Digby
  • Is any of this real?
  • Double wow
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!