Monday, June 20, 2005
Rapture Monday -- What the autopsy revealed about Bill Frist
The Rapture Index
is up 2 points to 146, Heavy Prophetic Activity
. Thank you, high oil prices, for bringing us one step closer to a face-melting meeting with the almighty. Don't look at the ark, Marion, indeed.
- Terry Schiavo's autopsy results were released. The most compelling finding? Bill Frist has no conscience. Neither does Jeb Bush.
- Wacko Jacko was released home to Neverland ranch. According to the American Family Association, this is one more good reason to keep blacks off juries.
- The Nation reported ties between Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, and the Council of Concerned Citizens, the successor organization to the KKK.
- George Bush can't keep his base happy. By saying he believes in an almighty God who speaks to different religions, Bush upset former GOP official John Lofton. The American right won't be happy until Bush launches an official crusade to do, well, what Ann Coulter wanted to do after all. Invade their countries and convert them to Christianity. If at first you don't succeed...
- The right is celebrating the fact that ExxonMobil is the only Fortune 50 company to decline to provide domestic partner benefits. Mobil provided some benefits prior to the merger. Drive a tanker into the coastline? Okay by the Religiously Correct. Provide health insurance to a gay couple? That's unforgivable.