spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Sunday, August 21, 2005

It was 20 40 years ago today...

Posted by: Jambo / 12:01 AM

Even tho it happened before the birth of two of the your three humble correspondents here at 3WN (I won't say which two) here's the set list for the Met Center show of August 21, 1965:

  • "Twist and Shout"
  • "She's a Woman"
  • "I Feel Fine"
  • "Dizzy Miss Lizzy"
  • "Ticket to Ride"
  • "Everybody's Tryin' to Be My Baby"
  • "Can't Buy Me Love"
  • "Baby's in Black"
  • "I Wanna Be Your Man"
  • "A Hard Day's Night"
  • "Help!"
  • "I'm Down"

    5 Comments:

    Did you enjoy the show Jambo?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 PM  

    I had the 45 of "I Feel Fine/She's a Woman" when I was a tiny baby (yes, I'm as old as Jambo). Western civilization peaked with that record.

    By Blogger Joseph Thvedt, at 10:06 PM  

    I'd almost be willing to be 15 years older if I could say I had in fact seen them live. It would have been like seeing the first run of Hamlet at the Globe.

    By Blogger Jambo, at 10:21 PM  

    Only $4.50 a ticket for a good seat. The Stones start their 2005 tour today 8/14 and you pay $450.00 for a good seat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM  

    Hate to rain on your parade Jambo (oh who am I kidding, I love to) but the concert in your mind is probably better than this show actually was. Bad sound, a hurried set, and stadium full of screaming pre-puberty girls.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home
  • Blogroll

    Special Feeds

    Fun with Google

    Search Tools

    Technorati

    Google

    3WN WWW

    Prior posts

  • Gone, Daddy, Gone
  • Minnesota’s Worst Writer ™ goes national
  • This is an easy one
  • Cool thing I just learned about
  • Council for the Protection of the Constitution
  • Gas is underpriced
  • C'mon, Antarctica!
  • Ethanol
  • 87th with an anchor
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!