spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Friday, August 05, 2005

Redistributing wealth--From Bill to Steve

Posted by: Jambo / 3:48 PM

OK, maybe $54 doesn't really constitute wealth but it is $54 that is coming to me from Bill Gates and I am going to give it to Steve Jobs. Not that Jobs really needs the money any more than Gates does.

Did anyone else file a return in the Microsoft settlement? A notice went out here in Minnesota about a year ago letting people know that if you had purchased any Microsoft product (including PCs running Windows) you were eligible for part of the anti-trust settlement proceeds. I filled out my form which allowed between about $7 and $25 depending on the product (MS Word got you $7, MS Office more) and since my total was less than $100 dollars I didn't even need to show proof of purchase. Well yesterday my 5 minutes of paperwork paid off and I got a notice that I was eligible for $54 credit towards any computer or software purchase made after (I think, I'm doing this all form memory) December 2004. I'm planning to buy a new iMac in the near future and look forward to the Microsoft corporation paying for a small part of it.

As they say, the wheels of justice grind slowly but they grind fine. Seems like only yesterday I was cashing my $14 check from the CD marketing anti-trust action.

2 Comments:

Go for the 20-inch iMac. It's a thing to behold. I have the G4 "iLamp" 20. Alas, I bought it just prior to the release of the G5s, so I overpaid. Still, it was a bargain. You might want to look at the recertified units at store.apple.com - a 20" G5 is only $1400. You won't get the double-layer burner like on the new ones.

By Blogger Joseph Thvedt, at 8:54 AM  

I filled one out, but haven't seen a check yet. Maybe I can use my $8 toward the new Madden game.

By Blogger Hammer, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Oklahoma's book burning club
  • The unfairness of accuracy
  • At least he didn't expose his breasts
  • Romer v. Evans, FRC report
  • A ghost writer perhaps?
  • An objective conclusion
  • Is this a sign of the apocalypse?
  • Better and better
  • Empty Suit Thursday: Fear of Farmers
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!