spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Little red wagon, little red bike

Posted by: Jambo / 10:54 AM

I ain't no monkey but I know what I like.

And I like Neko Case. She and her band put on a great show at 1st Ave. last night including a beautiful slide guitar-i-fied rendition of Buckets of Rain. Maybe the prettiest cover of a Bob Dylan song I have ever heard. Lots of her music has a sort of foreboding sound to it so I was expecting her to be kind of cold in person but she was exactly the opposite--cheery and charming and quite talkative. And with a voice that could make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window. Swoon! I know Libby Mae has very strict rules about which celebrities you're allowed to have a crush on but I hope she will let me be at least a little bit smitten by Neko.

When the show was over I managed to get a set list from one of the guitar players (which always makes me happy) and was heading off to get my coat and go home when I ran into an old college friend I have not seen in about 10 years. We talked for a while until he was joined by a couple of his friends who are big Neko Case fans, one of whom told me Neko almost always comes out after the show to talk to fans. It was well after midnight but other than having to get my daughters to school by 8 I didn't have anywhere to go so I figured the only thing better than a set list would be a signed set list. And a signed CD which I promptly bought. She did sign both of them for me and she was every bit as charming as she had been on stage so I even got her to sign a promo card for Libby Mae, who supposedly was at the show but whom I never ran into. So, anyway, I like Neko Case.

3 Comments:

Thanks Jambo! How very kind.

By Blogger ben. for reals., at 11:45 AM  

How about a little sound bit. Also I will see you in june. Stover

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

I hate to admit it but I don't know how to post audio. I'll email something.

By Blogger Jambo, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Truth and perception
  • What are they reading?
  • Busted!
  • Marriage amendments
  • Oh please please please...
  • Red Dawn
  • Good letter on Smilin' Norm
  • PBGC chief to quit
  • Revolution is Go!
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!