spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Friday, July 07, 2006

Jambo, you're old enough to decide this

Posted by: Hammer / 10:17 AM

Rolling Stones == Woodstock? I'm not a child of the 60s, but I never saw a connection between the Stones and Woodstock. So what's Katherine Kersten on about?

We boomers have found it hard to turn our backs on the Stones' vision of freedom as eternal youth. We've been tempted at times by dreams of trading diapers and endless bills for a trip back to Woodstock, unfettered by the cares of grownups.

To me, the Stones of 1969 means Altamont; hardly the peace & love festival Woodstock purported to be. Did Hippies dig the Stones?

2 Comments:

Hey, I was four at the time! But the Stones were certainly not at Woodstock. I think the Stones were always a little more "dangerous" than the music for hippies. This is a good Jerjo question. I'll see if he checks in.

That said, this may be the most god awful piece of crap yet from KK. After seeing it in the paper the other day I started on KKs letter to Penthouse Forum about her time backstage after the show where Kieth refused to touch her even after a 3rd bottle of Jack. I decided she eventualy ended up giving a hand job to a pizza guy she mistook for a Stones roadie but I just couldn't bring myself to do justice to the event. It was the best night of sex of her life! But no doubt a low light for the poor pizza guy.

Spot has his take on the column here.

By Blogger Jambo, at 4:06 PM  

Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought these letters were true until this happened to me...Nah, I can't do it either.

The Stones were definitely too dangerous for the hippies. Hell, it was amazing that Rolling Stone magazine even "got" them in the late 60s and early 70s but some credit that to Jann Wenner's crush on Jagger. But from '68 to '72 or so, they were the most dangerous band in the world (although Led Zeppelin and The Who might challenge that) and certainly not a favorite of the Woodstock crowd. Having listened to the Stones albums from their peak about 15 million times, I can say there is very little there concerning the eternal freedom of youth. Drugs, sex, decadence, politics, more drugs, malevolence, more sex, degradation, revolution, and plenty of ruminations on the weariness that comes after when the buzz has worn off. Nope, don't see eternal freedom there. As usual, KK couldn't find her anus from a hole in the ground in a side-by-side comparison.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Bullshit
  • Smilin' Norm: Off the Supply Side Deep End?
  • My quarterly attempt at being even-handed
  • Alec Station, RIP, 1996-2005.
  • Patriotism swells in the heart of the American bear
  • Dang!
  • Interesting stat
  • Justice Stevens, I've got an idea for you
  • A game made just for me
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!