spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Friday, March 23, 2007

Leveraging the Intertubes

Posted by: Hammer / 1:17 PM

The Hammer Family is on its way to Disneyland in a couple weeks. Ms. Hammer and I are trying to figure out whether to get a rental car or just take a shuttle bus or van from the airport to the hotel. The hotel is directly across the street from Disneyland and because I'm a cheap bastard, I won't allow us to spend any money outside the Magic Kingdom (we've saved quite a few Disney dollars through credit card purchases over the last 5 years).

Anyone have any good ideas for us? We can rent a car for as little as $30 a day. For a four day trip, the total is roughly $120. One van service would run $120 round trip. One bus service would be $80. How much of a hassle is it to drive from LAX to Anaheim? The bus trip is (allegedly) 45 minutes, which seems awfully quick considering that Google tells me the trip is 39 minutes by car.

If any experts are willing to drop a note in comments, I'd appreciate it.

Labels:

7 Comments:

No Disneyland experience, but Spot will say that a car would be nice for the late night run to urgent care when the barfing over too much cotton candy doesn't seen to want to end.

By Blogger Spot, at 7:31 PM  

Thanks for the tip, Spot. Are you sure you're not just saying that because it's easier to hang your head out the window of a car?

By Blogger Hammer, at 7:26 AM  

Is it a Disney owned hotel? I know in Orlando they have a free service from teh airport to their hotels but you have to sign up a week or so ahead of time. If not, I think the difficulty of driving in LA is overrated. I've been there a few times with a car and it never seemed all that hard, tho at rush hour it can be pretty slow. Personally I think driving there is easier than driving in Chicago.

By Blogger Jambo, at 10:10 PM  

It's just off the Disneyland campus. I went ahead and booked the car. Our flight home leaves at 6:30 a.m., so (a) I don't think traffic will be a problem if we're at the airport at 3:30 a.m. and (b) I don't want to wait around for a shuttle at 3:00 in the morning.

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:38 PM  

I'm with Jambo on this one -- LA traffic isn't all that bad. The first time I drove there, the biggest problem I had was to not giggle myself off of the freeway when I saw the Slausen Ave. exit on the 605. It was all I could do to not stop, get out, and cut off my slausen.

By Blogger Nerdie McSweatervest, at 9:45 AM  

Ah, the old Slausen Cutoff! Hmm, the average age of 3WN readers is older than I thought.

By Blogger Jambo, at 12:11 PM  

I never did get to the fork in the road. Probably because I didn't take the Slausen Cutoff.

Hey, maybe it's time for the next of your crazy show-biz polls: best late-night talk show host. I vote for Pat Sajak.

By Blogger Nerdie McSweatervest, at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • You too, Hammer, even tho I know you don't like th...
  • Dolphin research update
  • God Bless Email: "Good Faith"
  • NPR avoids telling listeners about Conservapedia
  • Smilin' Norm: 46, Stuart Smalley: 36
  • Resignations: Bush administration in chaos
  • Three cheers for evangelicals!
  • Heading south again
  • What Bush has in common with Iran
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!