spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The pain; the carnage

Posted by: Hammer / 8:13 AM

I do like the Packers. I liked the Packers enough to audition for their fan blog last fall. Winner got tickets to a game. My pithy, trenchant analysis was rejected in favor of the likes of this:
If you want to waste a minute of your time and learn basically nothing for the most part, read the mock drafts. I've read them all, so I still qualify as knowing nothing. But since mock drafts are out there in droves, I have a Packers’ mock draft, but I am not going to predict who we will pick. I am saying who we should try to get with our top three picks. ...

If I am Ted Thompson and I am trying to find the next quarterback for the Packers after Favre, this is the one player I would simply have to have and I would pay any price to get him. His name is Drew Tate and he is the quarterback of the Iowa Hawkeye's. This guy is special and is one of a kind. He has Green Bay Packer written all over him.

Mock drafts are a waste of time, but this guy's read them all. That's a real badge of honor. As a special bonus, he's going to offer up his own mock draft. Another waste of time where the reader learns basically nothing.

By the way, Drew Tate is a 6 foot tall and 185 pounds. That's not small for a quarterback, that's tiny. Sure, he's bigger than Doug Flutie, but Flutie won the Heisman and still couldn't get drafted until the 11th round. Tate needs to grow 2 inches and put on 35 pounds to be a serious NFL prospect. Maybe his parents can get him some human grown hormone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Saudi Arabia
  • You have to be tough
  • Because independent film so often is just not amat...
  • Why Smilin' Norm still wants to muzzle the UN
  • Krugman on liberal professors
  • Dear Wenoms
  • I guess it's kinda like using the Force, in reverse
  • Counterpoint
  • Rapture Monday: Civil Rights
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!