spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Personal journalism

Posted by: Hammer / 9:00 AM

Oops. Mathetes is a guy. I guess I saw "katamatheten" and immediately read Kathleen Madigan. I regret the error.
I thought the Strib article I quoted before was fine. No accusations or rhetoric for the journalist. I think this personal journalism actually does a better job of conveying Coulter's performance. It's fairly well-written and provides better detail. This passage is especially compelling:
But then, she offended even me. For those of you that know me, you know that I don’t get offended very easily. (some of my friends from high school might disagree, but, I have mellowed out since then) I haven’t been offended in quite some time. There are few things people can do or say that will personally offend me, but she did it. And kudos to her, because that’s exactly what she wanted.

A Muslim student from our school came up and asked her about her famous quote “let’s invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity” Speaking about Islamic countries. He was polite and not at all provocative. He wanted to know if she had said that quote, or if there was some other context under which it lay. She assumed he was a Muslim, and said this:

“What is your name?”

He replied: “my name?”

She said: “Yeah, I’m sending it to John Ashcroft”

Implying that he was a terrorist.

I encourage you to read the whole review. You'll see the author claims to be more conservative than liberal, but more interested in ideas than rhetoric. The author presents his point of view, but tries to be fair. I probably disagree with the author on most issues, but he seems fair-minded enough to be well worth listening to.

1 Comments:

Hey- Thanks for the link, but I am a guy. Just for the record. I like your blog, even if I do disagree!

By Blogger K. Follmer, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Firefox 1.0.3
  • Nugent was the opening act
  • Detroit's finest
  • Tart? Tart.
  • Health care satisfaction
  • Floor 1, Hammer 0
  • Open Source Friday: Standards
  • Two time loser
  • Gettin' High
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!