spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Yes, I know it's early...

Posted by: Jambo / 5:40 PM

From Roll Call:
Retired Gen. Wesley Clark has taken a high-profile role, both on and off Capitol Hill, as a Democratic spokesman and foreign policy adviser, stoking speculation that he is planning another national campaign in 2008. Clark has emerged as a regular presence on Capitol Hill in the last few months. His allies paint him as a “go-to guy” for Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) on foreign policy matters, pointing out that he has been repeatedly invited by the duo to address their respective caucuses on the handling of current military situations in Iraq and Afghanistan....
Some of you who know me may remember that I was a Clark supporter early in the Democratic primary last year. He was not necessarily the candidate closest to my own views but he was the one I thought could do the most good for the party. Ironically, I think the four star general may have actually been slightly to the left of liberal darling Howard Dean (who I think is turning out to be a very good DNC chair by the way.) I'm not saying Clark will be my first choice in 2008, I'll wait to see who is running, but in any case he is a very smart guy and it does the party nothing but good to have him as a part of the public face of the Democratic party.

5 Comments:

Don't you read Powerline? Dems hate vets, ergo Clark hates himself. You can't trust a man who hates himself. He's probably a closet flip-flopper

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:07 PM  

I agree. I loved Clark. I just think he was a little shell shocked by the whole process, at first: he looked a little nervous and awkward at times. I think with a little political grooming, and the experience from 2004 in his hopper, he could be a great candidate. He is affable, intelligent, and trustworthy--reminds me a little of J. McCain.

Do you think we'd be in this mess if McCain were president? Would there be the same animosity? Interesting to think about.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 AM  

McCain would be better than Bush. Is that really the standard? I think Rs wouldn't vote for McCain in the primary simply becuase Dems think he would be better than Bush.

By Blogger Hammer, at 8:07 AM  

I used to have at least a grudging respect for McCain but after his actions in the 2004 race he's got a long way to go before he reaches that state again.

I too was an early Clark supporter and am excited to see him back in the limelight. Monostereo is correct, a little grooming and he could be back for 2008. I would certainly be more likely to support him than give Kerry another chance.

As to the question of us being in this mess if McCain were president, I am giving McCain a thumbs up. If he had won in 2000, he certainly wouldn't have gone into Iraq, would have been fiscally conservative, and worked better with the opposition. But I am grateful for Dubya now. Because by the time he, Frist, and Delay are out of office the neo-cons and the fundies will be considered so repulsive and toxic they'll be spending another 30 years in the wilderness.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM  

That would be nice. 30 years would put my kids comfortably past the draft age before they come back.

By Blogger Jambo, at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Empty Suit Thursday: Smilin' Norm's Buyer's remorse
  • Stop her! She's got Mike's soul?
  • Hee hee
  • Ooo, everybody loves lists!
  • Smilin' Norm Coleman's lost love
  • George Galloway: the gift that keeps on giving
  • Memo to Dems state and national: Pay attention, da...
  • Memory hole
  • A little verbal mistreatment
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!