spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Deep Throat revealed

Posted by: Hammer / 7:36 AM

So we know who Deep Throat is. Anyone else just not that interested? I get the "aha!" moment, but I don't see this as a front-page story.

Actually, I do see this a front-page story every where I turn. NPR had a rundown of last night's cable shows, plus an interview with a reporter from the Washington Post.

I almost miss shark attacks.

6 Comments:

Hey, watch the shark attack talk! It makes some of us down here a little nervous.

As for Deep Throat, I do think it is pretty interesting. Not 24 hour coverage interesting but interesting enough. I'm a little too young to remember it first hand but I do remember my mom watching the coverage of the hearings every day. I'm guessing if you followed it at the time it's pretty cool to have this last little bit revealed.

By Blogger Jambo, at 8:05 AM  

Yeah, I get the "Aha! So that's who it was" moment. The attention beyond that, though, is a waste of ink.

It is, I'll suggest, another example of intrinsic media bias -- reporters and editors (like bloggers) cover what they think is interesting. At the very least, what reporters and editors think is interesting is influenced by their status as reporters and editors. It's not a left/right bias, but it's one of the many influences on news coverage.

By Blogger Hammer, at 8:23 AM  

You guys don't really believe that Felts is Deep Throat do you?

I smell consipracy all over again.

Let's see... Who is old, might not live too long, recently had a stroke, lost memory, suffers moments of incoherence, and we can protect to not having interviews? Then we leak the story to a news worthy source, say Vanity Fair. We'll get the suckers believe for sure that this guy is Deep Throat.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 AM  

Yeah, I believe it. It'd be a great conspiracy, though.

By Blogger Hammer, at 9:08 AM  

BTW, after re-reading, I see my sarcasm did not come through on Vanity Fair. What other important, newsworthy stories has Vanity Fair broken? Any?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

I think they've done some good work on cleavage.

By Blogger Hammer, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Carnage renewed
  • Gen. Myers vs. Reality
  • Basra
  • Just Peace
  • Weight of the driver
  • On Fascism
  • Another break in the Republican ranks
  • The Clark groundswell?
  • Jambo, are you okay?
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!