Thursday, June 23, 2005
Empty Suit Thursday: Smilin' Norm done something right!
One key difference between the wing nuts and us: we can admit when someone we don't particularly like does something right. In this week's Sen. Norm Coleman update (R-MN), we finally find Coleman doing something right:
- Coleman opposes giving government contracts to companies that don't pay their taxes. He might even do something about it. Good for him. (But I won't be holding my breath).
- Watch Smilin' Norm play along with the Bush thought police.
- Someone said Coleman "is ambition personified, political aspiration in a tailored suit. When he grins, you could rent out advertising space on his teeth." Find out who.
- Smilin' Norm played dress up with Trent Lott. Oh, fer fun!
- Smilin' Norm built a $100,000,000 building for a Saint Paul business, and all he got was this lousy $30,000 campaign contribution. And then the jobs went to India. More here.
- Ha ha! Smilin' Norm thinks a plan to bring troops home from Iraq is a joke. He likes dark comedy.
- Smilin' Norm helped Glass Tiger get into the country. This is what he brags about at parties. And people complain about Al Franken's taste in music...