spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Netflix to offer on demand rental?

Posted by: Hammer / 8:09 AM

Engadget reports:

It’s no secret that Netflix wants to offer online movie downloads -- they’ve been talking about it for months and mention of a "Netflix Player" turned up the other day -- which is why it’s hardly surprising that the San Jose Mercury News is reporting that Netflix is finally getting very, very, very close to launching its on-demand rental service (can you feel it?).

Netflix is a great company that provides great service at a good price. If they manage to pull off on-demand video rental, I just might have to switch to one of the high speed Internets.

11 Comments:

High speed just seems so damn expensive to me. I guess I picked a bad year to put in a new backyard patio.

By Blogger Hammer, at 9:21 AM  

We're paying 29.99 for the first 6 months...41.99 after that. Free instal and no other fees or taxes.

We gave up our daily Strib subscription and our Time Magazine subscription. This covered the difference between our old internet service and our new one.

So far so good.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

I can get that kind of deal, but I have to sign up for more phone services.

By Blogger Hammer, at 11:09 AM  

WE have some friends who do the digital phone with time warner...they pay 39.00/month...nothing else. They also have RR internet and digital cable. They like the phone because it is a flat fee.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 AM  

We've had DirecTV for a long time, which we like. Since we don't have cable, I've always assumed we couldn't get a cable modem. I guess since Roadrunner isn't a cable TV provider, that might make a difference.

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:03 PM  

Golly. Shows how out of touch I am. TimeWarner owns Road Runner. If we had cable, we'd have to get Charter.

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:05 PM  

I was very confused too. It took me 3 weeks just to go through each company and their availability. I really only found out that time warner and comcast have a pretty sweet deal where they split up the Twin Cities to avoid competition and keep the prices high.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

I have had Qwest DSL for several years and have really liked it. for all the bitching people do about Qwest I have not once been without DSL service the whole time I have been with them. It was a real pain to get set up at first and required several calls to tech support but they were fantastic, walking me thru everything that had to be done to get going.

I get their slowest speed, 256, but only pay about $30 bucks a month for it. I would much rather have that than cable TV, which I have not had fro about 10 years and have almost never missed.

By Blogger Jambo, at 4:34 PM  

I am stunned that you do not have high-speed. I'm posting this from the slowest dial-up I've seen since 1995, and it's killing me. Get with the times, Hammer!

-Swiss, from Botswana

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

Swiss? What's Swiss doing in Botswanna?!

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:17 PM  

Going on safari. Check the website: http://mkworldtour.majorpanic.org.

-Swiss

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Survival of the un-fittest
  • Back to Galveston
  • Will he make the flip flop official?
  • Smilin' Norm's worthless IOUs
  • Sponge Bob is back
  • Cable choice: not a bad idea
  • Larkin on insurance
  • Take that, terrorists
  • Good business and good politics
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!