spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Take that, terrorists

Posted by: Jambo / 9:56 AM

Driving to work just now I was listening to the play by play of the Space Shuttle Discovery launch. Maybe it's corny but I kind of get a lump in my throat over this sort of thing. And today I had a thought that kind of surprised me. A few seconds after launch as the announcer described the plume of smoke and flame and the jettisoning of the boosters 30 seconds into the flight I thought "Take that, all you fundamentalist terrorists! Look what we can do. AND it's being piloted by a woman. You can do nothing compared to us. You can make an occasional explosion and kill innocents but we can leave the very confines of the world. Look at the triumph of science and the human spirt. You have nothing, nothing, that compares to this."

3 Comments:

Awesome. I thought the same thing. A similar thought also creeps into my head whenever I go to the Dome for a baseball game. My thoughts on this matter always veer into USA!! territory. I can't control it. It's my inner uber-patriot speaking.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

I thought the same thing at the Y last night. I was watching a mixed-race, mixed-gender, mixed-belief (?) game of pick up basketball. Everyone seemed to get along -- except the doofus chucker who wouldn't play defense. No one seemed to like that kid.

By Blogger Hammer, at 11:16 AM  

I wasn't at the Y that night!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Saddest thing I can think of
  • Rapture Monday: Child Sex Instruction
  • Child sex instruction
  • Unreality: Republicans afraid to attack Hillary Cl...
  • Spotting Richard Grieco
  • Spin a little spin for me
  • Tag that Sproul
  • Soft or smart on terrorism?
  • Russian mail order bribes
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!