spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Monday, August 22, 2005

While the cat's away....

Posted by: ben. for reals. / 4:51 PM

I will write about tomatoes.

Attention TWN readers with restaurant management experience:

Why is it darn near impossible to get a ripe tomato in a restaurant, even in a pretty decent restaurant? Tomatoes are not supposed to be the texture of cardboard, nor should they be the color of my skin (skim milk, with the faintest hint of pink). It's not like I'm a tomato addict or anything, it just bothers me that they consistently (and needlessly, I believe) suck.

Say I’m a restaurant owner, and I use one box of tomatoes each week in my restaurant. Perhaps I could order two boxes one week and set one box aside to ripen for use the following week. Then I could continue to order my tomatoes a week ahead of the time I plan to use them. What part of the restaurant tomato ordering process am I missing? Is there a restaurant in town that should be praised for its ability to consistently serve ripe tomatoes?

1 Comments:

There are two things you can't buy in this life: true love or a garden tomato. Or so goes the song, anyway.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Rapture Monday, guest host edition
  • Rapture Monday, Blondie edition
  • It was 20 40 years ago today...
  • The one and only time it might (I said might) be f...
  • Gone, Daddy, Gone
  • Minnesota’s Worst Writer ™ goes national
  • This is an easy one
  • Cool thing I just learned about
  • Council for the Protection of the Constitution
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!