spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Never got one, and now I never will

Posted by: Jambo / 12:54 PM

I have never really thought about telegrams. If you had asked me if they were still around I would have had to admit I really didn't know. But now it is official, they have just last month gone the way of the dodo and the passenger pidgin. It makes sense, I guess. After all, what is the point in this day and age? But still, it's kind of sad in a way. I wish I could say that I had gotten one, maybe even still had it folded up in a box somewhere, if for no other reason than to someday pull it out and show my girls how the world used to be.

5 Comments:

Now that I think about it I wish Western Union had told us ahead of time they were getting rid of them. I would have sent a few just for the fun of it. I think I would have sent one to D just so some day Buster could ask him, "Daddy, did you grow up in the telegram age?" and he would have to say yes. [Stop]

By Blogger Jambo, at 1:09 PM  

have you guys ever visited this site:

http://www.threewaynews.blogpsot.com/

if I wasn't such a bad typer, i wouldn't have either.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

WTF?! That has to be intentional, doesn't it? Someone hoping to save souls that are trying to find our site?

By Blogger Jambo, at 3:52 PM  

save souls that are trying to find our site?

Alas, no such specificity. It would have been funny, though.

anything.blogpsot.com will get the same page. For example, I tried stan.blogpsot.com, then fixed that typo with satan.blogpsot.com, and both brought me to the same page.

By Blogger Joseph Thvedt, at 5:01 PM  

Wow, that's a neat trick.

By Blogger Jambo, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Fund raising, MN GOP style
  • Klobuchar will debate; Hammer left looking silly
  • Between fact and opinion
  • The art of the possible
  • $256 billion and counting
  • Klobuchar Kennedy: debating the debates
  • Dooming the mideast sales of 3WN coffee mugs
  • New Ricky Gervais
  • Republican playbook
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!