spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Kennedy's fund raisers

Posted by: Hammer / 8:12 AM

Got a call from Makeover Mark Kennedy's campaign last night asking for money. Worst. Fund-raising. Call. Ever.

Firstly, it took forever for the solicitor to actually connect with me. Forever being relative, I'll estimate 5-10 seconds of silence before the conversation began.

Secondly, the solicitor talked way too fast -- I couldn't understand what he was saying, except that this Amybluchar person seemed pretty bad. I'd say, "Wha???" And the solicitor would start his script at the top at the same speed.

Thirdly, when it came time to talk money, I declined to make a contribution. I told Kennedy's solicitor the same thing I would tell Klobuchar's: I'm not in a position to make any contribution right now.

Fourthly, Kennedy's solicitor hung up on me after I declined to make a contribution. No "Thanks for your time, if you change your mind, here's our website" or "Thanks for your time, I hope we can count on your support in November" or anything. Just a click.

Now. I wasn't going to give money to Kennedy's campaign no matter what, but I was polite throughout. The solicitor didn't know I was on Kennedy's list because I sign up for awful GOP emails to just see what they're saying. I didn't argue with him or tell him I wouldn't vote for his guy. I just listened politely and said "not right now". If this is the best Kennedy's campaign can do, he's in more trouble than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Comics poll
  • Alaska Governor's race
  • The high cost of partisanship
  • Dr. Dobsons replace Dr. Dentons?
  • Evidence of absence
  • What I have found from talks
  • Iraq: Sectarian violence continues
  • Any takers?
  • Schwan's
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!