spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Wire

Posted by: ben. for reals. / 8:33 AM

This show is so good. I don't have HBO. I barely have cable. But The Wire is so good that I am contemplating checking into a motel that rents by the hour each week (with a bottle of disinfectant for the door knobs I would have to touch and a folding chair), just to watch it. I cannot gush enough about it in anything resembling an articulate way so I will let Jacob Weisberg of Slate do it for me. Read about why you need to watch The Wire here.
The Wire, which has just begun its fourth season on HBO, is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

I will forever be indebted to D, who told me about this show in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Tony Perkins' shell game
  • Why are we ahead?
  • Titillation
  • Global warming: more stuff you already knew
  • Chicago's living wage ordinance
  • I'm not voting for Keith Ellison
  • Libby Mae special
  • Me? I got nothing.
  • But surely now it would be okay
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!