spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Where am I?

Posted by: Hammer / 7:57 AM

I've been rather absent from 3WN for quite some time. My absence was certainly not planned. Rather, it's been a reaction to real life.

Without going in to too many details, allow me to say that Real Life sucked a lot and didn't leave me with a lot of ambition for blogging. Real Life sucks just a bit less right now, but other hurdles arose. In recent weeks, my job for the last seven years morphed into a career.

That, in itself, was depressing enough. Five and a half years of college (damn the University of Minnesota's breadth requirements!), a law degree, a quick mind, and technical savvy led me to the lowest levels of middle management. Lots more hassles, no real perks. Perhaps the soul-suckingest part of my new career is not even knowing whether I like what I'm doing.

Having a career means I'm a lot less aware of the world around me. When I read a lot, I had a lot to say. I'm reading less, and I have a lot less to say. Worse yet, by the time I have something to say, a few clicks around the Interwebs and it's plain that someone else has already said it better.

Complaints aside, I do want to follow Smilin' Norm's re-election bid -- 17 months from now. Yikes.

At any rate, I anticipate being back, sooner or later. In the meantime, my thanks to Jambo for keeping us relevant. Also, let me suggest that everyone find an RSS reader they like. There's no better way to keep track of inconsistent bloggers than a good RSS reader.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Another three-way race?
  • I hope he won
  • I was unaware of this problem
  • A welcome change, but advertising to kids is still...
  • If he had Libby Mae on staff this sort of thing wo...
  • Oregon Trail: Saying yes to the common good
  • More from the Bush Supreme Court
  • Just because it looks cool
  • Tour the Creationist Museum -- Free!
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!