spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wake me up before you go-go to the MSP men's room

Posted by: Jambo / 2:00 PM

We no doubt have all heard by now that conservative Idaho Sen. Larry Craig was caught soliciting men for sex in a rest room at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport. Surely this can't be the same Larry Craig who said this back in '98?

SEN. CRAIG: Well, I don’t know where the Senate’s going to be on that issue of an up or down vote on impeachment, but I will tell you that the Senate certainly can bring about a censure reslution and it’s a slap on the wrist. It’s a, “Bad boy, Bill Clinton. You’re a naughty boy.”

The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughtyboy.

I’m going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.

So now is Larry Craig nasty, bad, naughty or all three? Like I've said before, until you learn otherwise assume that all moralizing family values Republicans are gay. You just have to look way way back in the closet to see them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

From now on I am just assuming that any Republican office holder that voted for the Defense of Marriage Act is a flaming Friend of Dorothy.

By Blogger Jerjo/Carjo, at 9:00 PM  

This whole thing is just bugging the heck out of me. For sure there is the irony in that a person whose political career has helped create a climate that holds homosexuality a moral defect has been caught and admitted to soliciting homosexual sex. But, if I were gay, I would be offended that so much law enforcement time is spent trying to jail consenting adults. Now, you can't have guys exposing thier genitals to others in a men's room (or women's room for that matter either), but I don't see that going on here.
In fact, the lawyer in me wants to ask: What is the crime? What was the lewd behavior? Tapping your foot and touching the bottom of the stall? Had I not read about it in the paper, I would have not known that it was a signal. But, even if it is a signal, if it's not returned, where's the issue? And, if it is returned, what's the problem with two consenting adults trying to hook up as long as they do their thing in private?
Once upon a time I was a big fan of Barry Goldwater - and I believe there's still a lot to like and admire about him, especially his libertarian belief that the government doesn't belong in the bedroom.
Craig, of course, was stupid to plead guilty. Like anyone, he should have requested the right to speak to his lawyer, refused to engage in any conversation with the cop, and beaten the thing in court - which he surely would have done.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

And from what I have read lately Barry was pretty progressive (or was it just libertarian?) on the gay rights front. When asked about gays in the military he once replied "To be a good soldier you don't have to be straight, you just have to shoot straight" or words ot that effect.

I, too, can't believe that Twin Cities cops spend any time on stings like this.

By the way, like many readers I have learned way more about bathroom hook-ups in the last few days than I ever thought I would. My favorite bit of trivia was about New York gays in the 70s hiding the fact that there were two men in a stall by having one of them standing with their feet in a couple Macy's shopping bags.

By Blogger Jambo, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • What's a guy gotta do to get thrown out of this ou...
  • Red state plates
  • Line of the day
  • "Does this make me look gay?"
  • 35W Bridge -- a very worthwhile read
  • You're doing a heck of a job, Carol
  • Klobuchar's first Worst Vote Ever
  • Smilin' Norm Coleman -- Yes on SCHIP
  • 35W Bridge Collapses
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!