spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Heathen

Posted by: Hammer / 9:17 AM

Maybe I'm just uncultured or an improperly reconstructed Elvis Costello fan, but I really like Mighty Like a Rose. I even especially like The Other Side of Summer because it reminds me of the special summer episodes of 90210. Oh, that Brenda! She was such a bitch! Was that the season where Dylan engaged in an extended metaphor with the lady with the horses? Damn, but I'd even rather watch James Marshall's otherwise unwatchable simple-guy/rich-older-lady story arc on Twin Peaks than sit through Dylan's tilting at materialism again. She sold the horse, get over it.

(If nothing else, Brenda gave us one of the few truly funny moments in Mallrats. Elvis, on the other hand, was just another low light in the deeply disappointing 200 Cigarettes.)

10 Comments:

mallrats was a great movie. especially when that one guy couldnt see the sailboat in the picture

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

It's my least favorite Kevin Smith movie by far. Despite the stilted performances, Clerks had a lot of charm. Chasing Amy was professionally made. I like Dogma a lot, despite the awful performances by George Carlin and Selma Hayek. I think Jay and Silent Bob was hilarious. Have I missed any?

By Blogger Hammer, at 10:20 AM  

Has George Carlin ever had a good performance in a movie? I like the guy's standup, but actor, he ain't.

And there's nothing wrong with liking Mighty Like a Rose. Lots of good stuff there: Summer, How To Be Dumb, Couldn't Call It Unexpected No. 4. I'd go on, but I'm boring even myself.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM  

I like a lot of Carlin's standup, but he's not an actor, even among comedians. I'd say he's far, far worse than Jerry Seinfeld, who didn't even try, or Ray Romano, who actually learned to act a little bit over time. The only worse stand up actor is Dennis Miller.

By Blogger Hammer, at 10:45 AM  

You forgot Jersey Girl as a production movie and An Evening with Kevin Smith, recordings from his speaking engagements at college campuses.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

They don't count. Jersey Girl isn't part of the Jay & Silent Bob series. Is "An Evening..." any good?

By Blogger Hammer, at 11:20 AM  

It think I put "An Evening..." on our Netflix queue a while ago, in the midst of one of my clicking frenzies.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

Your frenzies always get me in trouble. In this case, I get blamed because you like movies too much.

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:17 PM  

It's just ok. Better to get it through Netflix than to buy it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

thx

By Blogger Hammer, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • When the right hand doesn't know what the far righ...
  • Failure of imagination
  • Freedom on the march. Or at least the stagger.
  • Oil for Food: The going gets weird
  • Who should own your next senator?
  • Chicken Little Republicans
  • More on (moron?) evolution
  • Rapture Monday: Shaky peace
  • Revolution 10
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!