Wednesday, June 29, 2005
Teen Talk President
Was it really 11 years ago when Barbie first told us that math is hard
? Thankfully, we now have a Ken Doll President who reminds us how hard and difficult everything is. We all know Karl Rove has been pulling strings, but who knew we actually had a Teen Talk President
- The work in Iraq is difficult and dangerous.
- America has done difficult work before. From our desperate fight for independence, to the darkest days of a Civil War, to the hard-fought battles against tyranny in the 20th Century, there were many chances to lose our heart, our nerve, or our way
- We know that when the work is hard, the proper response is not retreat, it is courage.
- After September 11, 2001, I told the American people that the road ahead would be difficult -- and that we would prevail. Well, it has been difficult.
- We continued our efforts to help them rebuild their country. Rebuilding a country after three decades of tyranny is hard -- and rebuilding while at war is even harder.
- America and our friends are in a conflict that demands much of us. It demands the courage of our fighting men and women -- it demands the steadfastness of our allies -- and it demands the perseverance of our citizens. We accept these burdens -- because we know what is at stake.
- We have more work to do, and there will be tough moments that test America’s resolve.
We're a couple bad months away from hearing arduous
, onerous, and laborious in one sentence. Let's hope that sentence is "Being President is arduous, so after the onerous process of making a decision, I've decided to resign and pursue something less laborious."