If you can't raise money from the people you intend to represent, do the next best thing. Raise money from the people who will be asking you for favors. Like current members of the Senate. Grand Forks Herald:
The following are Senate Republicans who have made the maximum $10,000 PAC donation to Republican candidate Mark Kennedy. Democratic candidate Amy Klobuchar has not yet picked up money from Senate Democrats.
- Northstar Leadership PAC, Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn.
- Friends of the Big Sky, Sen. Conrad Burn, R-Mont.
- Senate Victory Fund, Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss.
- New Republican Majority Fund, Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss.
- Leadership Circle PAC, Sen. Elizabeth Dole, R-N.C.
- Bluegrass Committee, Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
- Heartland Values PAC, Sen. John Thune, R-S.D.
- Defend America PAC, Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala.
If we're lucky, one day Trent Lott will attend Mark Kennedy's birthday party only to lament how much better things would have been had Kennedy been elected to the Senate.