spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fool me twice, shame on me: 224 Dems in the house

Posted by: Hammer / 3:33 PM

I admit it: I was totally stoked for the 2004 election. All the way through lunch I thought it was President Kerry and a solid showing in the Senate. How wrong I was...

So I refuse to get caught up in the excitement this time. True, Democrats could do with a lot less of people like me. All worn out and curmudgeonly on the inside, incapable of mustering excitement or driving up enthusiasm. Then I read breathless accounts of Democratic landslides come November and I think to myself: Self, believe it when you see it. A lot can happen from then to now.

The new Majority Watch from Constituent Dynamics will be released in a few minutes. Based on 63 polls of 48 districts of 1,000 likely voters each, they will show Democrats currently ahead in the House by 19 seats, 224-205, or the exact, 19-seat margin of the Republican Majority after the 2002 elections. It is also a significant increase from the 219-214 seat lead for Democrats found in the Majority Watch polling from late August and early September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • What gets left out
  • 601,000 violent deaths in Iraq
  • Klobuchar v Kennedy: It ain't over
  • Does he have a prayer in the SD governor's race?
  • MN 6th from coast to coast
  • Are we prepared?
  • Men who are lucky not to have been shot in the fac...
  • FRC's take on the Amish school shooting
  • Where I backtrack on Rice
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!