Monday, June 06, 2005
Rapture Monday: Boy, what a Boycott!
The Rapture Index
stands at 144: Heavy Prophetic Activity
. The index has fallen 5 points in the last two weeks. I guess I'll have to play softball this week, after all.
Anyway, here's what the Religiously Correct have been complaining about for the last two weeks:
- One abstinence-only program, Silver Ring Thing can save our teens from promiscuity for only $1,000 a pop in federal aid. Add on private donations and who knows how much it costs to convince teens that condoms aren't effective?
- The American Family Association ended its boycott of Disney and promptly began a boycott of Ford. Not that people were buying Fords anyway.
- Agape is so mad about the filibuster compromise, that they have to put the word deal in quotes.
- Frank Gaffney is telling the Religiously Correct that Islamofascists have penetrated the Pentagon. Here's how to find them: check everyone who took a sick day on September 11.
- Phyllis Schlafly thinks a federal judgeship, like Darth Sidious, is a compelling force to turn good people to the dark side.
- Michele Bachmann can't raise her anti-gay money in her own district so she's prowling Lake Minnetonka for cash. Original report from Dump Bachmann.
- Sen. Smilin' Norm Coleman has accepted campaign contributions from the purveyors of burger porn. That's not very pro-family, is it? Original report from Clever Peasantry.
- Laurie Taylor of Fayetteville has convinced officials to ban 3 books from the school library and is on the search for more "vile" material telling kids that sexual behavior is normal.
- According to Pat Buchanan, Ronald Reagan defeated Communism abroad but lost to militant secularism at home. Buchanan says "cultural Marxism" is responsible for divorce. Funny that Buchanan would call Reagan, Rush Limbaugh. and Newt Gingrich "Marxists". Even I would be loathe to do that.