spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Calling out your own

Posted by: Hammer / 12:06 PM

I agree with Rew, here, that bloggers on the left have to police their own. Fortunately, we've already got Joseph to do most of that heavy lifting in comments...

Here's what La Shawn Barber had to say about Congressman Tom Tancredo's great idea that about nuking (or threatening to nuke) Mecca:

Congressman Tom Tancredo, the only true conservative in Congress and the only politician on Capitol Hill who takes a hard line against illegal aliens, said that if Islamofascists upgraded to nuclear attacks, we could threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites.

Republicans and Democrats are jumping all over him, mischaracterizing his remarks. They believe Tancredo should apologize. He said he won’t, and I hope he doesn’t. I stand behind him 100 percent, even as Republicans and so-called conservatives demand an apology. We need tough talk and tough action on global terrorism, and what Tancredo said was actually mild compared to what Islamofascists have in mind for us.

Rew links to Doug at Bogus Gold:

LaShawn is an embarrassment to center-right bloggers on this issue. She needs to be called on it as surely as Tancredo.

If Barber is center-right, the world is in a lot more trouble than we thought.

Long, long time readers of 3WN might recall Barber's take on Chris Rock hosting the Oscars.

Chris Rock said, "Sit your a**** down!" And people laughed? This passes for comedy these days. Rock is his own man and what he says or does is no reflection on me. But I’m embarrassed by his behavior, his very persona, nonetheless. His antics are the sort that should make a mother bow her head in shame that she’d raised such a fool.

...Update: FYI, I didn’t watch the show. Haven’t in years.

Apparently, Barber is easily stung by criticism. She closed comments on the Rock post because she didn't like anyone calling her on the fact that she criticized Rock without watching him. Here's her comment policy on the nuke Mecca post:

For Islamist apologists and soft-on-terrorism types, I’m going to pretend I’m an Islamist and crush all dissent. If you don’t agree with me, your comment may not be posted. I don’t think I’ll make any bombs, though. I’m really busy today.

2 Comments:

The police? For our source? For everything? I can't take that kind of pressure.

I was going to comment on the "To be fair" post. But I couldn't even be sure I was parsing it right, and now that I'm supposed to be the bad cop, too, I'm just too gun-shy.

By Blogger Joseph Thvedt, at 9:51 PM  

You're not the bad cop -- just one person willing to call "bullshit" when he sees bullshit. It's appreciated.

By Blogger Hammer, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Durenberger on Inside Minnesota Politics
  • To be fair
  • The Minnesota GOP confuses me
  • Obviously intoxicated
  • Strib asks Kline to help repeal senseless drug law
  • She's still #1
  • Walnut Grove, Part 1
  • What kind of geek would I be...
  • King of the Hill Democrats
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!