spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Friday, August 12, 2005

Chiropractory

Posted by: Hammer / 1:29 PM

PZ Meyers, of the fabulous Pharyngula, takes a last-minute jab at chiropractors:

I've been grossly unfair. Everyone who reads this site knows I have nothing but contempt for religion and creationism, but there are many other looney ideas I despise. I offer a short list here, in the interest of encouraging more diversity in my hate mail.

Aaargh, how could I forget the chiropractors? Stan Jones wrote to remind me, and boy, I can't stand those frauds. Sure, a good vigorous back message feels good, but please don't pretend it's medicine. There's a legitimate discipline called physical therapy that works with real doctors, and I'd rather see one of them.

Now, you will find some chiropractors who will tell you that by aligning the spine properly they can fix everything from the common cold to Limpus dickus. That's quackery. You can also find a number of chiropractors more interested in selling $200 pillows than actual patient care. Or shills who recommend an adjustment immediately after every bowel movement.

On the other hand, anyone who has ever had back problems knows that chiropractic treatment can be a huge relief. Three Way News recommends Noble Chiropractic in Northfield, Minnesota. Dr. Noble has prescribed a regimen of stretching and strengthening that has made a huge difference in my quality of life. Why, I can even sleep on my stomach once in a while without waking up with a day-long hunch. I probably visit the chiropractor once or twice a year, and then only because of some minor trauma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Workplace rights
  • Polish your CV
  • Shia autonomy?
  • The perfect holiday gift
  • Extralegality
  • The taste of bile
  • Free advice for Coleen Rowley
  • Think effeminately
  • More questions than answers from Rumsfeld
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!