spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Friday, November 11, 2005

With great traffic comes great responsibility

Posted by: Hammer / 2:24 PM

With great traffic comes great responsibility. Here's Norwegianity urging readers to give Firefox a try.

With low traffic comes this:

Huzzah to 3WN readers, who have made IE a minority browser!

If you haven't tried Firefox yet, click the Get Firefox ad in the left column. We get a whole dollar!

6 Comments:

I guess I'm the only one using lynx.

By Blogger Joey de Vivre, at 8:38 PM  

You always were an agitator Ham.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 AM  

I'll actually have to click in rather than just reading the articles in my aggregator in order to skew your stats back - you're probably not getting some IE hits from people like me who pull all their info. via tools like SharpReader (which hosts an IE browser, but doesn't use it until you click in).

I do have Firefox on my machine. But I also have Netscape (several flavors), Opera and a few others. As a developer, I'm happier when there's some healthy competition to keep them moving forward rather than one dominating. I don't want to see IE go away, I just want to see them all get better.

By Blogger Scooter, at 6:47 PM  

Not the only one using lynx, but one of the only. Seriously, Firefox 1.5 beta has been so unstable in FC4 that I've used lynx a time or two.

By Blogger Hammer, at 7:19 PM  

I've had problems with Firefox 1.5 beta, too. It won't work with my company's apps (PeopleSoft), which is a deal-breaker for me at work. I guess it's back to 1.07.

At home, on Mac OS X, 1.5 hasn't had any problems so far.

By Blogger Joseph Thvedt, at 9:16 PM  

I take that back re: Firefox 1.5 and PeopleSoft. It turns out that something in my profile was making it fail. Made a new profile; copied my bookmarks; and Bob's your uncle.

By Blogger Joseph Thvedt, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Get ahead of this
  • Visitors
  • Extending the reach of bad science
  • Proto-Blogger
  • How to get John Kline to vote "No" to drilling in ...
  • An eleven year flood
  • American forces using white phosphorus in Iraq
  • Some good news on the evolution front
  • Local elections
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!