spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, January 05, 2006

We're taking over

Posted by: Jambo / 5:01 PM

I can't believe no one in the blogosphere has picked up on this line from David Brooks today:

Fourth, enforce House rules. There's bound to be corruption when spending provisions can be slipped into legislation in the dead of night, outside the normal oversight procedures. There's bound to be corruption when members are forced to vote on sprawling bills nobody has a chance to inspect. Instead, all legislation should be posted online for 72 hours before the vote, so the staff and bloggers can nitpick and expose.

Usually this is the sort of thing bloggers fall all over themselves to point out--the traditional media admitting that blogs have a legitimate role to play in public discourse. And in this case assigning a role to blogs while leaving out traditional journalism. I can only assume it is because most of them no longer read the NYT since it's editorial page is now behind a subscription only firewall.

2 Comments:

I thought it was a great editorial. The line he used that I like best is:
"Back in the dim recesses of my mind, I remember a party that thought of itself as a reform, or even a revolutionary, movement. That party used to be known as the Republican Party. I wonder if it still exists."
That's been my whole point: It still exists because I am here, and I am disgusted at how these nimrod neofascists have hijacked the party. Today's STrib editorial called them "Dixiecans."

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

Needless to say I thought of you when I read that line, as I do whenever I come across something like that. I'd be interested to know what percentage of the party is still made up of you guys and how it will play out in 2008. Are they going to be supporting McCain? Romney? George Allen? How about an all Virginia 2008 election--Allen vs. Warner?

By Blogger Jambo, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Double plus ungood front pages
  • 60 with one blow
  • Stop the music!
  • He who laughs last
  • I'm sure loud and fast ruled
  • New Gervais
  • Priorities
  • Mike, Mike, Mike
  • Frozen cave man lawyers
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!