spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

One well-known fact about me

Posted by: Hammer / 3:09 PM

One well-known fact about me is that I have a hard time buying the right size shirt. I was a large or even extra-large 15 years ago. I am slightly larger today than I was 15 years ago, but have somehow shrunk to a medium. I don't think I will ever fully adjust.

Not so very long ago I took Big Sister Hammer to the zoo to sleep with the fishes. (She wanted to see the dolphins, but there were plenty of fish there, too.) One of the activities was making a souvenir shirt. Most of the moms -- and it was mostly moms -- asked for large and extra large shirts. I didn't have the heart to ask for a medium.

Anyway, lest I think I have it bad, the T Rex is now only the third largest theropod. Still, if I can't figure out of how big I am, how can these scientists figure out how big dinosaurs were based on fragments of thigh bones? More importantly, can they help me?

8 Comments:

I'm jsut glad you're taking her to see dolphins.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

RE: shirts...

ditto here. my guess is that you bought into grunge and/or early hip hop...therefore the overly baggy shirts in your youth.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:45 PM  

you bought into grunge and/or early hip hop...therefore the overly baggy shirts in your youth

If it was Jambo, I'd say the giant "Frankie Say Relax" t-shirt.

'Cause, you know, he's old.

By Blogger Joey de Vivre, at 7:53 AM  

I don't think I wear my clothes any differently. I think that the sizing has changed dramatically.

By Blogger Hammer, at 9:34 AM  

ya the same thing happened to me, I was a large 10 years ago, now I am a medium.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  

Hammer, we all know how fond you are of your sweet pecs, but please buy shirts that are a bit more spacious.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

You're still large, it's just the t-shirts that got medium...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

I'm ready for my close up

By Blogger Hammer, at 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • More on kids TV
  • Children's television
  • Another Argentina dolphin research update
  • Why Rush Limbaugh no longer has a TV show
  • My bad.
  • Sad, getting sadder
  • Koufax awards
  • Grief, god, and the Democratic party
  • Update from Argentina
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!