spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Friday, April 14, 2006

I read the news last week, oh boy

Posted by: Jambo / 11:06 AM

Sure the story is a week old, but I can't let this one slip by:

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's goodwill trip to England.... [T]he trip hit rock bottom when she failed to get a famous Beatles reference.... Rice, a classically trained pianist and student of the great composers, has said she is a Beatles fan. But she looked blank during a stopover in British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw's hometown of Blackburn, when a British reporter refered to the "4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire."
Well I just had to laugh. It's OK to not be a fan of any individual band or any particular type of music, but don't pretend to be one when you're not. Real fans will laugh at you and everyone else might start to think you are not particularly honest. And I'd hate to see that happen.

3 Comments:

I would call myself a Beatles fan, but I have no idea about the 4,000 holes. I think Rice deserves a pass on this one.

By Blogger Hammer, at 11:31 AM  

Changed my mind. According to The London Times: "Rice, 51, describes herself as a huge Beatles fan who is excited about visiting Liverpool as well as Blackburn."

I am not a huge Beatles fan. I never understood that lyric.

By Blogger Hammer, at 11:35 AM  

Reminds me of a chemistry joke I once heard...

By Blogger Joey de Vivre, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Empty Suit Thursday: Flag, screen, inspect
  • Jambo, biblical scholar
  • Sustained bombing campaigns never work
  • Systematic deception
  • Bush's job approval
  • Krugman on Iran
  • Wahoo!
  • Rapture Monday: Educator sexual misconduct (156)
  • Nuke Iran
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!