Thursday, June 02, 2005
Empty Suit Thursday: To Armenia, and beyond!
Your weekly update on the travels and travails of the self-appointed Mayor of Minnesota, Smilin' Norm Coleman:
- The most humiliating beat down since Todd Bridges whupped Rob Van Winkle continued. George Galloway went on the radio and noted that his appearance before Smilin' Norm's UN-quisition had been scrubbed from the Committee's web site.
- Smilin' Norm went to Aremnia. Minnesota immediately revised its return policies: 1) No returns without a receipt; 2) there are no receipts.
- Clever Peasantry noted that Smilin' Norm had accepted $5,000 in burger porn money. No wonder Smilin' Norm supports the Paris Hilton's tax cut. Of course, 71% of respondents to his own misleading poll still oppose special favors of Hilton.
- Joseph Stephanides was sacked from the UN as a result of the Oil for Food investigation. Stephanides is one of a handful of UN workers to avoid Smilin' Norm's call for resignations, firings, and discipline.
- Smilin' Norm wants to vote on John Bolton before the facts are in. People who want facts are shallow partisans, said the official member of the RNC 2004 attack squad. Funny Coleman has stopped wearing the t-shirt.
- Although Galloway's appearance before the UN-quisition has been scrubbed, Smilin' Norm is promoting himself with a picture of his press conference immediately following the disaster. I'm guessing Cpt. Edward John Smith didn't pause for snapshots after giving the order to abandon ship.
- Finally, looks like Tom Tancredo just bought a Coleman '08 button. Tancredo said of Bush: "He believes in the elimination of borders. He believes that the country will one day become just a place on the continent." That's just the sort of UN-hating, Black Helicopter-fearing Republican Smilin' Norm needs to fare well in the New Hampshire primary.