spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, July 21, 2005

A day without Katherine is like...

Posted by: Jambo / 12:25 PM

I was all set this morning to get an early jump on the rest of the Minnesota blogosphere by taking apart the latest column from Frau Farbissina, Minnesota's Worst Writerâ„¢. Thursday is high colonic day at the Strib and we usually see the results all over page 2 of the Metro section, but when I checked in today there was nothing from KK. Were her out of state puppet masters too busy to email her today's talking points? Was she too hung over from another drunken and fruitless night down at South Beach? I know the creature still walks among us since if she had died there would have been a great disturbance in the force accompanied by many dancing ewoks. Please please tell me the Strib has not decided to yank her column. It's kind of like the Family Circus comics, each and every one manages to suck in almost, but not quite exactly, the same way so that every day you need to check back to see the subtle variations.

[And it should go without saying that I of course hope no actual harm has come to her or her family. Well, maybe some nasty short term injury to her stenography hand or a good long dose of writer's block. Damn, that's what always holds us liberals back, some deep ingrained sympathy, even for our enemies. I really need to work on that.]

4 Comments:

I know. What the hell is up with that? On Mondays and Thursdays I get up at 5 to read her column (as opposed to my normal time of 5:30) before I bike out the door at 6:00. I emailed the readers rep to see what the deal is....no reply yet.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 PM  

We have a reply:



Hello:

I was just wondering why Mrs. Kersten's column did not run today. Thanks.

I'm guessing she took the day off. Hope that's helpful.

Kate Parry
Reader's Representative


I really wanted to write back:

As opposed to Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?

However, I couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

cp

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 PM  

It's not as if KK spends all week working on her columns. Something must have come up during the 15 minutes or so it takes her to come up with this stuff.

By Blogger Hammer, at 2:26 PM  

Well, at least we still have those lovable scamps from the Family Circus.
"Hey, which one of you kids published a complete piece of crap column in today's Strib?"
"Not Me!"

By Blogger Jambo, at 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Respect and sincerity
  • Durenberger on Inside Minnesota Politics
  • To be fair
  • The Minnesota GOP confuses me
  • Obviously intoxicated
  • Strib asks Kline to help repeal senseless drug law
  • She's still #1
  • Walnut Grove, Part 1
  • What kind of geek would I be...
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!