spacer

Three Way News

Your Source. For everything. Really.

Contributors

Current Poll

Best comic strip?

  • Bloom County
  • Boondocks
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Dilbert
  • Doonesbury
  • Far Side
  • Foxtrot
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Life in Hell
  • Peanuts
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Pogo
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Recurring features

Hammer's Favorites

Jambo's Favories

Thursday, May 12, 2005

The billboard gap

Posted by: Jambo / 12:54 PM

Why is it that we liberals don’t have any billboards? When ever I take a trip back to my home state of SD I have about a four hour drive thru rural Minnesota where I see all kinds of anti-abortion and religious billboards but not a single one with a liberal viewpoint. I am guessing that on trips home to ND Sunshine has a similar experience as does D in going to wherever it is that he goes. Now I realize that some of that is just the political demographics of rural America but even here in the Twin Cities I see plenty of pro-life billboards but never any pro-choice ones.

[Holy crap! Just goes to show that I should get my posts put together a little quicker. I started this last night but never got around to finishing it. Now look at what I just came across on Kos. And in SD no less! I love it.]

Update

South Dakota is a pretty small ad market. I bet your $25-30 goes a long way there so why don’t you stop by and give the guys behind the billboards a donation. It’s been a pretty solidly Red state since the 60s (even, sadly, in 1972) but they do have a Democratic Senator and their sole Rep. is a Dem too. Maybe we’ll have a rebirth of Prairie Populism.

5 Comments:

The right uses a lot of tactics that progressives should adopt. Billboards are not one of them. Deep intellectual dishonesty is another.

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:11 PM  

I think as long as the billboards are truthful, the left should use them. I propose the following:
"Republicans do not smell good."

I'm from Minnesota.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

The Kos article mentioned Minnesota Ave in Sioux Falls. I will live two blocks from there!

I cannot wait to be the other member of the Grassroots Dems in SD.

Sunshine, give it up. You are an ND girl. You still have sod and bison flop in your hair from chinking the walls of your childhood home.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

It's a good home. They even had a store boughten door.

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:54 PM  

Bad form to post twice in a row (on your own blog, no less), but D's comment was very well-crafted. Cheers.

By Blogger Hammer, at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll

Special Feeds

Fun with Google

Search Tools

Technorati

Google

3WN WWW

Prior posts

  • Until wishing makes it so
  • Rob Reischel
  • TV on DVDs
  • Guys like sports
  • He's the one who sucks
  • Some preacher from the East says, "Dethrone the di...
  • Supersize me?
  • Soft core Time
  • Heathen
  • Archives

    • Gone for now

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Site Meter Get Firefox!